Family-to-Family Communities is a collaborative project sponsored by State Deaf-Blind Projects, the National Center on Deaf-Blindness, and the National Family Association for Deaf-Blind. For more information go to our Building Connections page
This opportunity is open to all, regardless of the age of your family member with deaf-blindness.
Timeline for F2FC Phase 2
August-September 2016 Families interested in participating complete registration
August-September 2016 Potential Facilitators contact Carol Darrah, F2FC Project Coordinator
September 2016 Facilitators participate in NFADB Leadership Training
October 2016 – May 2017 F2FC groups meet once per month for 90 minutes
Oct 2016/Jan 2017/May 2017 Participants complete online surveys
February 2017 Representative from each F2FC participates in Focus Group
Format of Family-to-Family Communities
- Each F2FC will be comprised of 8-10 families with shared commonalities (age of child, diagnoses, topics of interest, availability, etc.).
- F2FC groups will meet once per month for 90 minutes, via phone and/or video conference (group preference).
- These are not drop-in calls; your regular participation is vital to the group.
- Topics are chosen by the group and will include a combination of structured conversation and open sharing.
- F2FC groups will be open to new members during October and November; then they will be closed to allow members to build relationships.
- F2FC members are encouraged to connect outside of the calls via phone, email, or social media.
- We will take a break during Summer, which will allow us to evaluate feedback, add new members as desired, and determine next steps for F2FC in Fall 2017.
To print a copy of this information: Click Here